June’s challenge winner:
Our June challenge asked our readers, “Which book inspired you to write the most and why?” Thank you to everyone that entered! Our winner for this month is Carol L. McCleary, author of Daddy’s Girl. Carol selected George Markstein’s Tara Kane as the book that inspired her.
An Honorable Mention goes to Andrea Buginsky, who picked J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series!
Congratulations, Carol and Andrea!
July 2013 Author Challenge
Speaking of J.K. Rowling, probably the biggest news in the publishing industry this month was that the author of the phenomenally successful Harry Potter series wrote a mystery novel under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith. The novel instantly shot to the top of the bestseller lists last week, where it has stayed ever since.
If your book had been written by someone other than you—if your name were just a pseudonym for another famous author—who do you think that author would be? And why? Please tell us in 50 words or less!
How to Submit Your Answer
All you need to do is type your answer into the Leave a Reply box at the bottom of this page. Then click the Post a Comment button when you are ready to submit.
Reminder: Keep the deadline in mind.
July’s winner will be announced on the AuthorHouse Author’s Digest and via our Facebook and Twitter accounts and have their book cover featured on our official Facebook Cover Image for up to a month.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over at the time of entering.
- Entries must be received before midnight (EST) or 5:00 pm (GMT) on Monday 19th August, 2013.
- Only entries added as a comment to the dedicated challenge post on the AuthorHouse Author’s Digest will be considered.
- Only one entry per person will be permitted.
- The winner will be chosen by a judging panel of three AuthorHouse marketing department employees. Their decision is final.
- The winner’s book cover will be featured on the official AuthorHouse Facebook page Cover Image for up to one month.
- By entering, you agree that your name, published book title and entry can be used by AuthorHouse for marketing and PR of this challenge as well as AuthorHouse as a company.
- We will not be held responsible for any entries that are not recorded on the AuthorHouse Author’s Digest due to technical difficulties.
- No Purchase Necessary.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
- We cannot be held responsible for any emotional distress caused by not winning our competition.